Straighten your teeth without anyone knowing you’re wearing a brace.
No limitations on what you can eat and drink, and able to clean your teeth as normal.
As there are no brackets or wires, you may forget your even wearing aligners.
Aligning your front teeth will not only improve aesthetics but will also benefit the long-term health of your teeth. Teeth continue to move throughout one’s life so crowding tends to worsen over time. Uneven teeth are prone to uneven wear causing exposure of dentine that wears fast and absorbs stain. Straight teeth are far less likely to suffer from this ageing effect and expensive corrective treatments can be avoided.
You have probably heard about the new invisible braces. If you are looking to straighten your teeth but don’t like the inconvenience of metal or ceramic brackets on your teeth, then Clear Smile Aligners may be the treatment for you.
ClearSmile Aligners gives patients an option to straighten their teeth that is almost completely invisible, and removable meaning there is no limitations on what you can eat and drink.
ClearSmile Aligners are made from a clear material that is very discreet, meaning you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
How does it work?
ClearSmile Aligners are a system of transparent aligners used to correct crowded teeth. They are manufactured from a lightweight material, custom made for each patient, making them very comfortable.
It works through a series of invisible, removable aligners that apply a controlled amount of force to your teeth causing them to move. As you replace each set, the aligners are slightly different, gradually moving your teeth into the ideal position.
Is it comfortable?
As with any orthodontic treatment, the braces may be a little uncomfortable for the first few days. After a week, most patients are used to their braces and have no problems wearing it.
ClearSmile is almost completely painless because it uses very small amounts of pressure to gently and progressively correct misaligned teeth, with no metal or sharp edges.
How long do I need to wear them?
You will wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them to eat, drink and clean your teeth. Treatment will only work when you wear the aligners, we recommend they are worn full time day and night (minimum 20 hours).After 2 weeks you will move onto your next aligner.
Treatment length will be dependent on how far your teeth need to be moved. Most cases take around 6-12 months.
Will it work for me?
ClearSmile Aligner is mainly used to straighten the front 10 teeth to improve your smile and can treat mild to moderate crowding quickly.
Clear Smile Brace works for patients of all ages, and in most cases can straighten your teeth without the need for any extractions.
Obviously it is difficult tell you if you would be suitable over the internet. This is why we have a free braces consultation. This allows use to evaluate your teeth, and then talk you through which options would be best to help you achieve the smile you want.
How much does it cost?
The cost of ClearSmile Aligner is dependent on the severity of the case. The more severe the crowding, the more aligners needed and longer treatment time.
Average treatment times are 6-12 months. Cost of treatment can range from £1800 – £4000
A case with mild-moderate crowding of the upper teeth may take around 6 months, at a cost of around £2500.
What is involved in treatment?
- We start your treatment with a free initial consultation. This allows us to assess your teeth and then discuss which treatments would best help you to achieve your goals.
- Following a thorough assessment, Impression of your teeth are taken and sent to the lab for analysis.
- The lab will then produce a 3D simulation of your proposed final outcome. This means you can see your future smile before committing to any treatment. At this point will will be able to give you a more accurate idea of the cost of treatment.
- Once you have consented to treatment, the ClearSmile Aligners are made to the highest standard using a combination of 3D printing and moulding.
- At the fitting appointment, we will try the aligners in to make sure they are comfortable, and show you how to insert and remove the aligners.
- We Will regularly monitor your progress with review appointments. These short appointments occur every 3-4 weeks until the teeth are fully aligned.
- Treatment is usually completed within 6-12 months.
- As with any orthodontic treatment, following completion, we recommend a retainer for life to maintain your new smile and prevent the teeth from moving again. Retainers are usually a lingual bonded retainer or removable Essix retainers.