Most cases take just 6-18 weeks, meaning treatment is super efficient.
The aligner is removable and so you can take it out to fit around your lifestyle
As only one aligner is needed, it is the most cost efficient way to straighten your teeth.
Aligning your front teeth will not only improve aesthetics but will also benefit the long-term health of your teeth. Teeth continue to move throughout one’s life so crowding tends to worsen over time. Uneven teeth are prone to uneven wear causing exposure of dentine that wears fast and absorbs stain. Straight teeth are far less likely to suffer from this ageing effect and expensive corrective treatments can be avoided.
The Inman Aligner provides the perfect solution for those looking to straighten their front teeth quickly and efficiently as possible. As only one appliance is generally needed, it also provides a cost effective solution when compared to fixed braces or clear aligners.
The Inman Aligner gently and safely guides your front teeth into the correct position, most cases take just a few months to complete. The Aligner is also removable, meaning you have the flexibility to suit your lifestyle and can be removed for important events or social occasions.
The Inman Aligner can be used as a standalone treatment, to correct crowded front teeth; it is particularly useful in cases where teeth have moved following previous orthodontic treatment at a younger age. It can also be used in conjunction with composite bonding or veneers to create a beautiful new smile.
How Does it work?
The Inman Aligner has Nickel Titanium coil springs that power two aligner bows that gently oppose each other, guiding the crowded teeth into their new position. These gentle forces are active over a very large range of movement, which is why the Inman Aligner works so quickly. Most cases take just 6-18 weeks to complete, compared with fixed braces (6-9 months) and clear aligners (6-12 months).
How often do you need to wear the Inman Aligner?
Due to the nature of orthodontics, teeth will only straighten when the appliance is worn. We therefore suggest for the best and fastest results that the appliance is worn for around 20 hours a day.
We suggest that you take the Aligner out when eating, drinking and cleaning your teeth. It is also okay to remove the Inman Aligner for photos, or the occasional special occasions.
However, remember that if the Aligner is not worn, then treatment is likely to take longer than planned.
Is it comfortable?
As with any orthodontic treatment, the Aligner may be a little uncomfortable for the first few days. After a week, most patients are used to their Aligner and have no problems wearing it.
You may find the Aligner affects your speech for a week or so. Over time most patients acclimatise to the appliance.
Will it work for me?
The Inman aligner is designed to treat upper and lower front teeth only. It works well in cases that have mild to moderate crowding .
Obviously it is difficult tell you whether the Inman Aligner would be suitable for you. This is why we have a free braces consultation. This allows use to evaluate your teeth, and then talk you through which options would be best to help you achieve the smile you want.
How much does it cost?
As most cases only require one appliance, the Inman Aligner provides great value for money. The cost of treatment may vary depending on the complexity of your case. However, most cases using the Inman Aligner are usually around £1400. Following your consultation, we can give you an indication of the costs involved and likely treatment time.
What is involved in treatment?
- We start your treatment with a free initial consultation. This allows us to assess your teeth and then discuss which treatments would best help you to achieve your goals.
- Following a thorough assessment, Impression of your teeth are taken and sent to the lab for analysis.
- The lab will then produce a 3D simulation of your proposed final outcome. This means you can see your future smile before committing to any treatment. Once you have approved this, the custom fitting Inman Aligner is fabricated.
- At the fitting appointment, we’ll show you how the appliance works, how to insert and remove it, and how to look after it during your treatment.
- You’ll then wear the Aligner 16-20 hours a day.
- We have Aligner checks every 2-3 weeks to monitor how the teeth are moving.
- Treatment is usually completed within 6-18 weeks.
- As with any orthodontic treatment, following completion, we recommend a retainer for life to maintain your new smile and prevent the teeth from moving again. Retainers are usually a lingual bonded retainer or removable Essix retainers.